Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Indian Wednesday

Happy Hump day! Can you believe it’s already Wednesday?!? Yikes. Hey I’m not complaining one bit  Last night was a night of bumming it. I guess the BF and I were so tired, we didn’t cook and just snacked around for dinner. This morning I had Waffles with Almond Butter and Strawberry jam, super yummy. It sure was a nice little change from my usually morning protein shake. BTW- I now have Vanilla flavor and can’t wait to make one tomorrow with lots of yummy fruit.




Work has been pretty slow and boring today, however, the highlight of my day has to be lunch! My department took me out to lunch to celebrate my bday since I was on vacation. I chose an Indian Restaurant! I am in love with Indian/Pakistani food. It just so happened that it was a buffet & that made it 10x more awesome! I had 2 plates :-/ and a little bit of dessert. This stuff was amazing, Mango Mousse and Kheer (sort of like rice pudding/arroz con leche).

I love trying out new types of food and spicy food is always a winner in my book, but this wasn’t too spicy at all and far from being bland. I’d say I had a perfect lunch.

I woke up this morning and ran 4 miles with hill intervals, man that was tough! I don’t know what’s been going on with my motivation lately, but it hasn’t been here all week. It feel like it’s starting to get a little old to me. Everyone talks about this block runners have in the beginning and I think I’ve reached it, hopefully I’ll be ever to get over it soon and wake up eager to run again early in the morning. Now I feel like I’m running because I have to rather than because I want to. Know what I mean, am I alone here? 5 training pace miles await me first thing in the morning, my act needs to get it together.

Tonight we are celebrating our friends bday out by the pool. On the menu tonight is steak and shrimp, I can honestly say I am not looking forward to the food because I’ve eaten enough for the day. I’m sure once 6:30 rolls along my mind won’t be the same. ;)

3 comments:

  1. I had indian food once on a cruise we took. It was vegetarian and amazing! SUPER spicy, I could have cried, but worth every bite.

    Lauren
    http://www.teamgiles.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stumbled across your blog. I live in Houston too :)

    That Indian food looks great. I've been meaning to try a new Indian restaurant that opened right down the street from me.

    Happy Belated Birthday! I'll be 27 in a couple of months! I don't even feel that old. How time flies.

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete