Tuesday, September 7, 2010

See ya next year!

My birthday weekend is now over- booo. It was awesome, the boyfriend and BFF made it memorable. On Friday, Me, Steph, the BF, 2 friends from work and 2 of my neighbors went to Maggiano’s. It was absolutely amazing! I had 8 miles to do on Saturday so I couldn’t do anything too wild. I did have 2 glasses of wine ;) and the chicken with mushroom lasagna it was perfect! When we were all done, the waited brought over the dozen Sprinkles cupcakes my friend ordered for me :) She’s awesome and I love her to death. I had a red Velvet & half of their new Dark Chocolate Almond. The red Velvet was heaven obviously and the Almond dark chocolate was great too. I sure did carb load that night (that was my excuse), the night ended early and I was in bed by 10pm just how it was planned. Carb loading must have worked because Saturday’s run was probably the best long run I’ve ever had. Not sure if it really was the carbs, lots of rest, or the unusual semi-cool breeze that was going on. My alarm didn’t go off that morning, but I did manage to wake myself up and meet at Memorial Park with my group on time. When I got there, I didn’t see anyone I usually run with. There’s a big group of people who run, we get split into miles and we split into pace amongst ourselves. I was the only one out of the 4 girls that run together. It was a little intimidating because I was by myself for about 4 miles and didn’t know if I should start chatting with the others or take it in and see where “I” really stand. Those first 4 miles were easy, average 10:20/30 per mile! My average pace on long runs are 11:10 MM! I didn’t know whether to slow it down, or continue on because it seemed easy. I knew if I kept running that pace I’d eventually get tired and possibly get injured. After the 1st water stop (mile 4) my running coach started talking to a girl who was running by me and he introduced us and said we should run together we are about the same pace. This wasn’t my pace, but I felt awesome! She was doing 9 that day, the next water stop I had decided I wanted to slow down and catch the 8 milers because I didn’t want to get lost, or else I would have stuk with her. 2 of the girls from the 8 mile group caught up and I stuck with them. The rest of the run felt great, but somehow I felt like I was still able to go a little faster. I have no idea what was going on with me, but that run felt great. We finished mile 8 and I still felt like I could keep going what the hell is going on with me?!?! All I kept thinking about was the half marathon and hoping it would be that easy and fast (fast for me at least). The rest of the day was great, I felt like a rock star and watched the LSU game at a local bar. That’s when I started to really celebrate my bday hehe. 


Steph had 2 things in mind to do all weekend (so did I)- shop & eat some good food! We shopped and shopped until we dropped, literally. I took her around and showed her a few restaurants. My eating was not great at all, but I still ran and worked out. I know I didn’t lose any & hopefully I didn’t really gain any, but we’ll see when I get on the scale tomorrow. I’m trying to get all the sodium out of me and de-puff a little hehe. I bought the coolest nail polishes from Sephora and super cute necklace from Juicy. We had left over cupcakes of course and took some pics. I still don’t have a USB cord and I’m waiting on her to email me the pics. The 2nd day after my best run, I had THEE WORST run of my life. I woke up when the sun was up, it was hot, humid and crowded. That’s why I run so early, dark, not as hot and humid, not as crowded. My bf bought me compression socks like his and I don’t think the’re for me. I wore them as a trial run and after the first mile I couldn’t handle it. I stopped so many times, walked and my legs were so heavy. It really brought me down from my running high I somehow received on Saturday. I kept thinking that every run isn’t going to be a great run, I’ll probably have more bad ones that good ones. This by far is the worst one!

This morning I had to do 4 miles and since I didn’t really do any speed work yesterday, today was the day and I was nervous. I didn’t know if I’d have the same run as yesterday and that was discouraging. To a surprise it was great! Challenging, but great! I finished and felt really good after. The gym was closed to I had to go to Memorial Park, hopefully tonight I’ll get a work out in. I’ve been slacking off with weights and I have to keep reminding myself as a runner how important it is. Maybe I’ll do some Yoga tonight, or at least try to? I wish I had a yoga buddy to keep my booty in check! Doing it alone is no fun and I always end up giving up within 10 minutes lol.

Lunch for today was a Turkey sandwich, it’ll probably be that way all week… boring! Sandwich thins, deli turkey, laughing cow tomato basil cheese, ½ an avocado and 2 egg whites and a nectarine on the side. It was a yummy protein filled lunch, let’s see how long it can hold me over. Back to reality, no more vacation until Thanksgiving when I go home to SD for a week. I need to really start staying home, not shop, grocery shop wisely and save money! I can’t wait for Fall, unfortunately fall doesn’t come until Oct/Nov in Houston. Making is my thing and I will be doing lots and lots of it, which means I need to start some other sort of cardio. There’s a tropical storm hitting us today and all this rain gets me sleepy and wish I was in bed eating ice cream and watching Keeping up with the Kardashians, or Save by the bell.

No comments:

Post a Comment