Thursday, September 2, 2010

Mental struggle

My weekend has started, I'm off work and it's my bday eve.  Sleeping in is all I thought about when my alarm went off @ 5am.  I kept thinking to myself, it's ok I'm off I can sleep just an extra hour I'll just run when I wake up.  Then I started thinking about how much worse it'll be when the sun is out!  That alone made me get out of my warm, soft, comfy bed.  The last time I ran outdoors was in DC on Sunday, I've been using the treadmill for speed work and the bike for cross training.  My schedule has me doing 4 miles at my training pace.  I headed out to Memorial Park around 5:30 and those 4 miles felt eternal and brutal!  At this point in my training I'm totally convinced that I'm struggling a lot mentally.  I felt fine, but my legs felt a little heavy and I may have been trying to go a little faster than I should have.  I worked my legs out yesterday so they're a little sore today.  The second half of the run was pretty bad, all I was thinking about was the run how I was feeling and how bad I wanted to stop.  I finished in 45 minutes, 5 minutes more than the 4 miles with rolling hills I did in DC.  Heat and humidity really make a difference and I can't wait until fall gets here so I can see where I am. 
Breakfast today was a Chocolate Cherry Bomb :) 
1 cup Almond Milk (Unsweetened)
1 scoop of V60 Chocolate protein powder
1 tsp of Maca powder
1 cup of frozen cherries
Was awesome-O!
I need to buy some Vanilla protein powder, but I can't spend a fortune.  I'm thinking of going to GNC and picking up some Muscle Milk light.  Has anyone tried it?  Steph arrives @ 11am so I need to finish up doing last minute things.  Our plan is to chill today, we have a lot of days to do things but we just plan on going to Lunch, take a quick detour to Sprinkles Cupcakes ;), organize my closet, and have the BF cook for us some Pakistani food. I can not wait!! Indian/paki has to be my favorite food. 
I found this pic on my phone I took yesterday that I meant to blog about it, but I'll need to get to that later.  Here's my daily baggage- not pictured is my lunch bag and of course that'll be a post next week. :) 


This is what's waiting for me in my room! I have lots of laundry going on right now and it's time to fold and put away my work out clothes.  I think that's all I want for my bday, a gift card from Academy hehe.


No comments:

Post a Comment